Terms & Policies
First Steps Nurseries, a trading name of First Steps Childcare Services LTD & OR First Steps Nursery BMTH Ltd, are companies registered in the UK
("us" "we" "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to your use of;
- The First Steps Nursery Website and or Mobile Site.
- Any of the services accessible through the use of the website or mobile site or any other currently existing and approved methods of access.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be used as you access our site.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the website, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the site, subscribe to any of our Services, enter a competition, promotion or survey, create an account and when you report a problem with our site or service. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, location data, or any such information provided within any form(s) which you may send to us.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Your device type, model number, screen size, your chosen browser tool, duration of visit, page map data, usage of site within specific areas or across the site as a whole.
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. This is so that we can determine where our website is being accessed, allowing us to provide geographically suitable content.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, in technical, analytics providers and search information providers.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our site(s).
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
Any or all of the data we collect is in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience. Specifically, data may be used by us for internal record keeping, improvement of our services, marketing, transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you; or for market research purposes which may be done using email, Such information may be used to customise certain elements of our site so that we can provide a more tailored service.
If you agree, then we may contact you:
- with offers and information about our products or service;
- to help us improve our services;
The above is only relevant should you wish to, or have signed up to receive our bi-monthly newsletters.
Data security is of great importance to us. We store all personal data securely and in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: You cannot access our website without allowing us to get some information from you or your device.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal data held by us. Please use the contact form, or speak to a member of the nursery team to request this. Please note, an official request must be received in writing before this information is shared.
We reserve the right to change this policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the policy on your first use of the Website following such alterations.